- work out the duration of time between 2 given times and adjust times on clocks to earlier and later.
Complete page 42. Click here. Show your working out to part G in the following way. E.g.
5.38pm – 6.07pm
2mins 20mins 7mins
5.38 —— 5.40——6.00——6.07
Now add the times together to find out how long the journey takes.
2mins + 20mins + 7mins = 29mins
- find multiples of numbers and check if a number is a multiple of another number.
***What are multiples? – Multiples are answers to multiplying tables (the word gives a clue) e.g. multiples of 4 are the answers to the table of 4.
Multiples continue on beyond tables we have learned e.g. continue counting in 4s beyond 40, 44, 48, 52 … etc.
***How do we check if a number is a multiple or not? – The number will divide equally without a remainder
1. Is 352 a multiple of 2? If we divide 352 by 3 the answer is 176 with no remainder so we know it is a multiple of 2.
2. Is 76 a multiple of 3? If we divide 76 by 3 the answer is 25 remainder 1 so we know it is not a multiple of 3.
***Facts to recap on:
Multiples of 2 – even numbers;
Multiples of 10 – end on 0;
Multiples of 5–end in 5 or 0.
Complete the following sheet, finding the multiples. Click here
When doing numbers 4 and 5 write a list of multiples of that number to look at. Look at the information above to help you.
- Remember the three times tables
- Use the three times tables to work out division facts
Count out loud in 3s to 36. Begin 3, 6, 9….
Look at the multiplication wheels from yesterday – how many multiplications can you answer? Tell your answers to a helper and practise any difficult facts.
Copy out and complete the multiplication and division facts on the second worksheet. Get a helper to ask you these facts out loud in a mixed up order.
W.A.L.T – Understand place value to thousands, hundreds, tens and units.
Find missing numbers in addition sums.