Welcome to our website
I would like to welcome you to our website. It is designed to give a snapshot of the life of the school and as a means to communicate information.
Milltown Primary School is situated in the townland of Lenaderg, on the outskirts of Banbridge in County Down. The children attending the school come from both the local area and from further afield.
The current school building was officially opened in June 2001, though there has been a school on this site since 1954.
We cater for pupils from P1 to P7 in composite classes; the smaller class sizes allowing for a greater degree of individual attention. The school boasts excellent facilities with all classrooms being bright and spacious.
It is set in attractive grounds with a hard-surface playground and large grass areas surrounded by a variety of trees. The grounds are well maintained throughout the year and are used for a variety of sporting and academic activities.
We are justly proud of the achievements of the school, both academically and pastorally/personally. Please follow the link to our most recent Inspection Report.
If you would like to know more I would be very pleased to show you around. Please contact the school to arrange a visit.
Mrs H L Wright
In Milltown Primary School, we have a strong Christian ethos and believe that the safety, welfare and personal development of everyone in the school community is of paramount importance.
We have high expectations that all children will achieve to the very best of their ability thus enabling them to make informed and responsible decisions throughout their lives.
We seek to develop the pupils as individuals who recognise and value difference, as contributors to society and as contributors to the economy & environment to prepare them for the opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of adult life.
Milltown Primary School seeks to:
- Create a welcoming, caring, happy, secure and disciplined environment;
- Promote confidence and a sense of self-esteem by treating each child as a valued, independent and responsible individual;
- Promote qualities such as co-operation, fairness, honesty, tolerance, forgiveness, sincerity, open-mindedness and personal responsibility; Develop habits of self-discipline and acceptable behaviour;
- Foster an attitude of respect for self, for others and for the environment; Foster good home and community links;
- Encourage a love of learning and develop skills which will enable the children to become independent learners;
- Provide opportunities for children to develop at their own rate.